Monday, July 16, 2018

Road Trip With A Baby Tips

Road Trip With A Baby Tips

     I'm finally back to blogging. It has been a long two weeks. For those of you who don't know we moved into an apartment about 45 minutes away the first weekend of July. (Check out my Moving With A Baby Blog.) I decided to take a a two week vacation from blogging to gete unpacked and set up. In light of my time off I decided to do a vacation theme this week so be sure to check back, or even better subscribe to get emails, to see the rest of my vacationing with  a baby blogs. So here we go road trip with a baby. Anyone who has a child knows that being in a car for a long amount of time is almost impossible. I have __ tips I've used for all of our day trips and extended car rides.

1. Snacks
     E cannot go anywhere without snacks and lots of them. I try to stick with snacks that are easy for him to eat in the car like rice husks, teething cookies, and cheerios. One of my favorite car ride items is this snack cup. It's adorable and keeps my car from being completely covered in cheerios. 

2. Toys 
     We actually keep a small basket of toys in our car at all times. I try to keep the toys in the car quiet toys that arent very loud and dont have lights so they arent distracting to me drivin.
Soft books are one of our favorites.

3. Frequent Stops
     Adults cant stay in a car for very long so we know babies cant. I suggest planning your stops ahead of time. Decide before your leave what cities youre going to stop in. Then only stop at places you know will have a baby changing station and good air conditioning (think McDonalds). 

4. Patients
     This is my biggest tip. Be patient with your baby. Road trips my be fun for us because we know where we are headed wherre as our babies only know they are stuck in a hot carseat strapped in with no one to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment