Wednesday, June 20, 2018

What was in my hospital bag (planned C-Section edition)

What Was In My Hospital Bag
(Planned C-Section Edition)


Packing my hospital bag was one of the most exciting parts of pregnancy for me. It meant it was almost over. It was almost time to meet my baby boy. I researched tons and tons of blog posts trying to figure out exactly what I needed to pack and still ended up wishing I had packed more. So here it is this is the check list of what I would suggest packing for you and for your new addition. 


For Mom

  • 2 pairs of black leggings
  • 2 flowy tops that will match the leggings
  • 2 tshirt dresses
  • 2 button down pajamas 
  • 1 Pack of high waisted underwear (size up the fluids will make you swell up after surgery)
  • Tight fitting sports bra (target has the best)
  • Travel toiletry kit
  • Overnight pads
  • Hair ties
  • Bobby pins
  • Chap stick 
  • Light makeup (powder, blush, mascara)
  • Nursing pads 

During my hospital stay I basically lived in my button down pjs or my t shirt dresses. They were comfy gave the doctors easy access to my incision and were easy to change into. (Check out the T shirt dress and Button down pajamas that I fell in love with during my stay.) I also saved so much time and money getting a Toiletry Kit instead of packing each individual item i had everything already packaged together in perfectly sized bottles for the three days i spent in the hospital. 


For Baby 

  • Carseat (you have to have one to leave)
  • Boppy
  • Baby mittens
  • 10 sleepers
  • 2 coming home outfits
  • Pacifier (if you plan on using them)
  • Bottle (if bottle feeding)
  • Blanket (to put over the carseat)

Easton's bag is where we made the most mistakes. We had to have my mom bring us extra sleepers mittens and a bottle. He had a lot of issues with his formula which caused him to throw up on everything we had packed (including his coming home outfit).
The most useful thing we did bring is by far the Boppy it made it so much easier for me to hold and feed Easton. I could place the boppy over my incision and put Easton on top of the boppy to help ease the pressure he put on the incision.

I hope this helps some of you pack your hospital bag. Enjoy it before you know it the preparing will be done and you'll have your sweet baby in your arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment