Monday, June 18, 2018

Easton's Birth Story

Easton's Birth Story 


Easton Ryder
October 09, 2017
7:53am


My birth story actually started at my first doctors appointment. My doctor did a pelvic exam and determined my pelvic bone wasn't shaped correctly. He told me then that I may have to have a C-Section depending on the size of the baby. 

Fast forward to my 37 week checkup. Easton was measuring over 7 lbs already so my doctor gave me the choice to try to have a vaginal birth or to schedule a Cecarian. I CHOSE A CECARIAN. Yes you read that right I made the choice to have a C-Section. There were a lot of factors that played into my decision, some for safety, some for convenience. I was afraid of the baby getting stuck and it causing harm to him. I was also afraid we wouldn't make it to the hospital because we lived 45 minutes away, so the c-section just seemed best for us, and it was. I am so happy with my c-section I'm glad I had that decision for myself and my baby.

So we schedule the cecarian for October the 9th at 7:30 a.m. Scout and I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. When we got there we had to go straight up to labor and delivery and check in. We signed some paperwork then the nurse took us to our room. The hospital I delivered at keeps you in the same room for your whole stay which made everything so much easier. After we got to our room the nurses started an IV in my arm while Scout brought in all of our bags. From then until 7:15 the nurses gave me a lot of fluids. Then the anesthesiologist came in and explained my spinal work morphine a little more and we were off to the OR.

In the O.R. the first thing that needed to be done was the spinal. This part sucked. Ot took three tries to get the needle in the right spot. I remember after the secomt try I leaned against the nurse in front of me and my doctor held my hand and i just prayed lord help me get through this. Give me the strength to do this and get my baby here safely. The third try worked. I laid back and was immediately numb from the chest down. The morphine in the spinal did make me nauseous so they added phenergan which made me so so sleepy. 

Scout came into the room and minutes later my doctor said we have a baby. His first cry is by far the best noise I've ever heard. 

Scout went with Easton while I was being stitched up (stapled actually). Then I was moved back to my original bed and wheeled out past the nursery where I seen him for the first time. The new love of my life. Nothing can ever prepare you for the amount of love you will feel for your child.

When I got to my room all of my family got to come in one at a time  I was honestly in and out of sleep at this point but the one person that really stood out was my dad. He came in crying and told me I did a great job which for him is a very rare and unusual sight. Then they brought in the baby  I got to hold him for the first time and gravity shifted. My whole being was being held by the tiny life in my arms (and still is for that matter). Scout, Easton, and spent the day seeing visitors and bonding until about 6 p.m.
Then it was time to walk. The pain of walking after a major surgery is more than my words will ever explain. I felt like I was being torn apart. Between the pain in my uterus and the pain from my spinal injection it felt like I might die. But the good part is you will live. It will suck but it does end. Each time I stood up was easier. By the next morning I was able to get up and walk all the way down the hall and back then i got to take a shower. 
I've never felt the love i had for my husband in those few weeks following Eastons birth. He not only had to care for our son but he helped me with everything from showering to changing clothes. He was (and is) purely amazing. 
The next day we were released to go home. We had so much help and support from my family and Scout. About two weeks passed before I felt back to my semi-normal self. By four weeks I was feeling completely back to normal. My Cecerian was everything I could have wanted Easton's birth to be. The hospital, the doctors, and my support system made recovery better and I am proud to say I'm a C-Section Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment