Monday, August 13, 2018

Edible Paint

Edible Paint

E absolutely loves playing with anything messy. Paint is no exception. This is a great activity to keep E busy while I'm busy in the kitchen. I have learned if I'm letting him play with it independently to put the paint on the highchair and let him paint that way, where as if I'm playing with him


I let him paint on paper so I can make sure he doesn't try to eat it.

Recipe 
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbs sugar
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups water
Combine in saucepan. Warm until mixture thickens. Pour into container, cool, and add food coloring. 


When I first gave the paint to E he didn't really know what to do with it. He sat and looked at it for awhile then I smeared some on the paper showing him what to do and he was off. He had all the colors smeared and mixed within minutes and he kept playing and painting for over an hour. The paint does turn out very thick so it is pretty messy but it washed off incredibly easy and didn't stain at all. I hope your little ones enjoy playing with this paint as much as mine did.
(P.S apparently the paint doesn't taste very good, E tried it once made a horrible face and hasn't tried it since.)

No comments:

Post a Comment